Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Watershed Election

On Election Day 2008 the U.S. economy is in crisis, the Iraq war has passed the 5 1/2 year point, our international influence is on the decline, and we live in a climate of intense partisan division at home. This is a watershed moment in our country's history, and that takes a watershed candidate. That's why I voted for change this morning. That's why I voted for Barack Obama.

Regardless of who you support, go vote!

My Election Morning Predictions...

Electoral Vote
Obama - 349 (wins Fla, Ohio, Va, Mo, Co, Nv, Pa)
McCain - 189 (wins In, NC)

I think you can give or take Missouri for Indiana or NC.

Popular Vote
Obama wins by 7 million votes.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I doubt anyone cares, but just thought I'd post a post-election update of my political junkie predictions. They were pretty darn close. Still, they were heavily influenced and educated by http://www.fivethirtyeight.com and http://www.realclearpolitics.com among other political websites.

Electoral Vote (NC yet to be called, Obama leading by 1%)
Obama - 349
McCain - 163

Popular Vote
Obama currently leads by 7,159,269 (97% reporting)

And one pre-election prediction that didn't make yesterday's post... the race was called at 11p when west coast polls closed, no up until 3a guessing game.