Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Place of Disconnect

11.2.05 3:19pm

I spill my desires
Through the cracks of an open mind
Onto soiled streets of need
Down into the basins of sanity
‘Fear not,’ I preach
Consumed by the search for God
I fade slowly
Overcome by the demands of the day
Slipping into contemplation
I meditate on the All in All
I meditate on Allah,
Freeing my soul from worldly repute
In the place of disconnect
Competition is no more
Veneration no longer a need
Charity transcends it all
In the place of disconnect
Christ resides
Vishnu comforts
God speaks beyond religion and creed
In meditation
‘To be’ is ‘to live’
In meditation
God reveals the path.

4 comments:

eric said...

i love it when people talk about how other religions don't "worship the same god i do." makes no sense. there is only one god. saying that just reveals the fact that you think you yourself are god.

anyway, nice meditation.

and ... pork for lunch on saturday!

e+

Chris said...

yeah. i may not be let into seminary for this but, i think we get too caught up in the divisions of religion. not to mention denominations in christianity. we box god up into whatever box fits our agendas. i do it too...

i was reading a hindu prayer in the book 'god of a hundred names' today and was impressed by the ways in which it paralleled christian thought. it still amazes me how so many religions view god/divinity from similar perspectives. sadly people are too often busy debating differences to recognize the similarities.

eric said...

think of luke 9:46-49 (i think that's right). my favorite verses. it includes jesus saying "... for he who is not against us is for us."

i love that one. and the kids.

personally, i love the tao te ching. next to the bible, that has helped transform my life.

e+

Chris said...

picked up tao te ching today. deep stuff. it takes a while to let things sink in.

eric, i think you'll like my next post.